Daily Practice


Full disclosure - daily practice has always been something that I have struggled with. I go through periods of intense structured devotion, and then things loosen up and then life happens, the practice becomes hodgepodge and the cycle begins again. 

 When I was younger - I thought this made me "bad Pagan." I thought that it had some sort of bearing on my love, reverence and devotion that I have to the Theoi. It doesn't. 

 In my opinion - your devotion does not have to be something set. It doesn't have to be something that you do every day at a certain time - thought that does have tangible benefits to developing a relationship with your chosen Deities. 

As long as you carry the love of the Gods, their principles, and act in the ways befitting someone of your faith - then you're showing your devotion. 

That being said - the summer vacation (I teach in my mundane life) has allowed me to develop a set practice with the free(r) time that I have. I look forward to the challenge of adapting my newfound schedule to the rigours of the school year. 

If you're not able to do something that has a set schedule - that's okay. It doesn't make you a "bad" Witch/Pagan/Whathaveyou. Your devotion can be as small as a short one line prayer on your commute or a large mutli-faceted ritual in your living space. 

 You do what you are able - They know.   

 



Comments

  1. Don't feel bad about this. I practice Sunni Islam and I sometimes pray only 3x a day. This makes me feel very bad and less of a Moslem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What People Are Responding To

Who am I, and Why Should You Read This?

Chop Wood - Carry Water